I am thrilled to be teaching Mindfulness classes for children ages 3-10, child care teachers, parents, professionals, pre-school teachers and new moms.
Why should we practice mindfulness with children?
- It can increase attention span, focus, and concentration
- Helps improve relationships with parents
- Promotes good self esteem
- Reduces hyperactivity
- Decreases stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improves memory
- Decreases inflammation and increases immune function
- Improves sleep
- Improves social functioning
- Better emotion regulation, self monitoring and self control
These kinds of classes are being offered in schools but my mission is to start having children become more mindful before kindergarten.
The class for children focuses on engaging the senses through activities which ends up relaxing them. I come prepared with a bag of props and I use different objects to engage them and help them to learn how to be more in the present moment.
The class can be taught with two different goals in mind, one to teach the adults how to be more mindful in their own lives and two how to raise a child to be more mindful.
I am excited to teach a Mindfulness for Children Class at the Winchester Library on 3/25 from 10:30-11:30.
I have several childcare trainings coming up, Mindfulness parenting workshops, as well as Mindfulness for Children Classes. Stay tuned…